Monday, February 3, 2014

Austrailian Adventure: The Aeroplane

At the end of last year and into January, I got to go to Australia on vacation to visit my big sister Red.

It was extraordinary and I've been meaning to blog about it, howevery computer is out of comission. It is harder to type on this little tablet and I'm not sure I can upload pictures. However I've decided to document the experience as best I can and add the pictures at a later date.

(Edit 11-14-14: I bought my little sister a computer and inherited her old one. I can now upload photos and silly gifs. YAY!)

Before we left, Red and I weren't getting along great. I'd been so happy to see her again and she seemed like seeing me and the rest of the family was an obligation more then a pleasure. I can't say I didn't resent that or that it didn't cause conflict. I had to prepare myself, to try to let that resentment go before we got on the plane.

I'm not sure exactly how successful I was, but we sat next to each other the whole 17 hours and I didn't die or kill her, so it must have turned out ok.

Truthfully, we got finally got back into our old communication patterns of banter and jest, and it set us up nicely for the trip. As I was silly enough to not program a cell phone to work in AU, this was a good thing.

We sat in the back section of the plane, A New Zealand Airlines jet (but not one of the Smaug ones :(
(Their flight safety video is awesome, if you've never seen it I suggest you look it up on youtube.)

Or, alternatively, you could watch it here:

The flight was overnight, so it was easier to sleep (not really restful, but still it staves off boredom). And we got to eat! Warm yummy food for dinner and breakfast, and because we switched flights at Auckland we got breakfast twice (SCORE!!!)

Or I guess you could say we got SECOND breakfast :P

There is also a small entertainment system on the back of the seat in front of every passenger, so you can monitor the progress of the flight, watch a movie or tv show, play a game (I played s type of diamond crush), or listen to music:

Things I listened to:

-The entire Linkin Park-Living Things album (x3) (because its awesome)

-The Greatest hits of that band that sings Mamma Mia (x1) (because they weren't that great)

-Love Never Dies (Phantom of the Opera sequel which was ok but they really made Raoul a forkface) (x1).

-Part of a Beatles album

Its nice time killer, after all that you only have 14 hours left to go!

(Whooot!)
Really though, once I got there it seemed like no time at all. It was New Years Eve, and we had a busy day ahead of us.

No comments: