Friday, February 7, 2014

Australian Adventure: Sydney Again

We only spent a few days in Sydney before I headed back to the states. We stayed in a suburb in north sydney that was near a university.

The moat importiant thing I wanted to do in australia was see kangaroos in the "wild". Up until now, I'd seen them only in captivity.

Red took me to a place near Lake Macquarie where there were several tribes of kangaroos living in these grass areas near an old hospital.

It was kinda funny (not when it happened, but now) I was seeing "Wild Kangaroos" for the first time and it was kind of a magical experience. But for Red, who has seen them many times before it was like, "Do we really have to walk that whole way?" "You saw the smaller ones, doesn't that count?" and "Okay, you're here, you've seen them where do you wanna go now?"

I'm not saying it wasn't fun, I actually had one of the kangaroos following me around and that was pretty magical. But it was something I wished we'd have done our first week in Sydney.

Red saw me off to the airport the next day.

I took the same route home and I even got to go on a Smaug-plane when I transfered at Auckland.

There was a person sitting next to me but they didn't want to talk.

It was a long flight.

I watched some documentaries about climbing mount everest, a project by Bjork, and three episodes of Vikings (it was interesting but it had pretty graphic content).

My mom and dad picked me up at LAX and took me home.

No comments: