Saturday, February 18, 2012

Question Marks and Exclamation Points

This picture brings a couple of things to mind. Some of them are hard to articulate in any other way then...

WHY?!?!

Why would someone choose this?!?  The concept is really confusing to me.

I realize there are quite a few people who do it and have no reservations but I personally struggle to understand it. Forever, there will be a person with 'your name on it' (So to speak) who you....the donor...will have nothing to do with.

Back when I was taking Anatomy, I had a lab partner who, along with her husband, had donated their respective gametes to a service like this.

The answer, for my lab partner, was money. Both the husband and wife were going to school and needed help paying tuition and expenses for themselves and their children.

I remember thinking, and trying to empathize: "Wow, it must be really tempting, having a simple procedure done and not have to worry about how you're going to pay for school."

Then recently I saw the picture above...and saw how much you actually get for it.

4500 dollars?

 That's all?? That's NOTHING?!

 REALLY?!

UGH, Just NO!!

I cannot conceive of such a sacrifice with so feeble a compensation!

Pathetic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would do it for a million bucks and that is actually not that much in the grand scheme of things. I want my entire college payed for and compensation for the fact that MY children are out there and I just gave them to some complete stranger :)